Poinsettia Meringue Cookies
Crunchy meringue cookies piped into a poinsettia flower. These will look perfect on your holiday table, or as a unique hot chocolate topper.
Make This Recipe
4 Eggland's Best Eggs, large, separated OR 3/4 cup Eggland's Best 100% Egg Whites
1 cup granulated sugar
1-2 tsp clear vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
green food coloring
- Preheated oven to 200°F.
- Place your separated egg whites, sugar, and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer (preferably metal) or any large heat-proof bowl. Be sure the bowl is clean and free of any grease.
- Fill a pot with approximately 2 inches of water, and place on a low-medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and place the bowl of egg whites on top of the pot.
- Whisk the egg whites periodically while beating with a metal whisk, and remove from the heat once the sugar has dissolved completely- about 5 minutes. Using the whisk attachment on your mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks have formed. Add in the vanilla extract.
To Make the Poinsettias:
- Transfer a portion of the meringue into a smaller bowl and add green food coloring. Place the colored meringue into a piping bag fitted with a #352 tip.
- Fill a second piping bag with uncolored meringue fitted with a #352 tip. Place a square of parchment paper onto a flower nail and pipe 4 green leaves onto it.
- Pipe 4 white petals between the green leaves and continue with the second row of white petals. Add some small gold sprinkles into the center to finish the flower.
- Place in a preheated oven at 200°F and bake for 2-3 hours. Enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More