EFFECTIVE DATE: Dec 7, 2021
LAST UPDATED ON: Dec 7, 2021
While you use our website, we are processing your Personal Information. You have the right to know what we do with it and the choices you have over your Personal Information.
- When we say “we”, “us” and “our”, we are referring to Eggland’s Best, LLC because we determine the manner of and purposes for processing your Personal Information, and we are responsible for ensuring we do so in compliance with applicable regulations;
- When we say “you”, “user” or “individual(s)”, we are referring to the person accessing our website and the person whose Personal Information we are collecting, using and disclosing.
- When we say “processing”, we are referring to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information;
- When we say “service providers”, we are referring to organizations that process your Personal Information on our behalf.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact email@example.com
- What Personal Information we are collecting and in what circumstances we collect it;
- The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information;
- The organizations to whom we may disclose your Personal Information and the purpose of such disclosure;
- What are your rights and how you can exercise them;
What Personal Information do we collect and in what circumstances do we collect it?
We collect your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- You provide it to us directly;
- We collect it by using automated means.
1.1. The Personal Information you provide us directly
In short: During the various interactions we have with you, you may be required to provide us with Personal Information. For example, we collect Personal Information when you subscribe to a newsletter. The Personal Information we collect may vary whether you purchase products and services from us or if you are a member, or a simple user of our website.
In detail: The Personal Information you provide to us directly are the following
- Identifiers and profile information, i.e., real name, alias, online identifier, IP address, email address, SIN number, passport number, date of birth, insurance policy number;
1.3. Personal information we collect automatically when you use our website
In short: During each of your visits to our sites and mobile applications, we collect information about your connection and your browsing activity through cookies.
In detail: Cookies give us access to the following Personal Information: i) Identifiers of the equipment you use (IP address of your computer), ii) type of operating system, iii) type and version of the browser software, iv) dates and times of connection to our services, v) address of the originating Internet page ("referrer"), vi) browsing data on our services, content viewed;, vii) information relating to your use of our sites and applications, and viii) information relating to the presence of cookies on your terminal.
Cookies can be implemented by us and also by third-party organizations that are our service providers (for example Google sets a cookie to help us measure our audience).
For what purposes do we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information?
In short: We collect Personal Information for business or commercial purposes. “Business purpose” means that we use the Personal information for business or operational purposes such as the delivery of a product, or the enhancement of our systems’ security. “Commercial purpose” means that we use your Personal Information for advancing our commercial or economic interests, for example by enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
In detail: We process your Personal Information for the following business or commercial purposes:
- Auditing our interactions with you (counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions);
- Certain Short-term Uses (provided that the Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party, not used to build a profile about a consumer);
- Sending of information on our activity or on our publications;
- Sending of marketing, advertising and promotional offers relating to our products and services by post, e-mail, mobile notifications, on social networks or any other medium;
- Personalized customer loyalty or prospecting actions;
- Setting up of contests or other promotional operations;
- To verify your identity and for fraud detection; and
- To meet our legal obligations.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information
In short: In certain circumstances, we disclose your Personal Information to external organizations (e.g., our service providers, or social media platforms, our business partners…) or public authorities. We do not and will not sell any Personal Information to any third party for commercial purposes.
In detail: We have disclosed your Personal Information to the categories of recipients listed below in the past 12 months:
- Disclosure for Business purposes:
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have shared your Personal Information to following categories of service providers:
- advertising networks;
- data analytics providers;
- social networks
- Public authorities, judicial or administrative authorities
We may disclose your Personal Information when we are required or authorized by law to cooperate with local, national or international law enforcement or other authorities for the reporting of and/or investigation of improper or unlawful activities, or if we need to comply with court orders.
How can you exercise your rights of access and deletion?
In short: Subject to certain exceptions and restrictions, you have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information, or to provide you with information on the Personal Information that we have collected, our sources of collection, the business and commercial purposes for which this information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom this information has been shared. You may also ask us to provide you with a copy of the Personal Information we have collected from you in the past 12 months.
In detail: If you are a California resident and wish to exercise these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-922-EGGS (3447).
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process, such as a copy of your driver’s license and/or a recent utility or credit card bill.
You may designate an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. We may ask you or the agent to provide proof that the agent has received your authorization to act on your behalf, such as a written and duly signed certificate stating you authorize the agent to act on your behalf.
We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
How can you ask us not to sell your Personal Information?
We do not sell and will not sell any Personal Information to third-parties for commercial purposes
9.What happens if we make changes to this Policy?
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com