Baked Chocolate Sour Cream Donuts with a Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ganache
Chocolate Sour Cream Donuts topped with a dark chocolate peppermint ganache. This homemade donuts recipe is everything you need for the perfect weekend breakfast!
Make This Recipe
For the Donuts:
1 ¾ cup. all-purpose flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 Eggland's Best eggs, large
2/3 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup sour cream
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ganache:
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Crushed peppermints, for topping
To prepare the donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spray two donut pans with nonstick baking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until combined.
- In another large bowl, add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
- Transfer batter to a gallon-sized ziplock bag, to form a pastry bag. Cut the bottom inch off the corner. Squeeze the batter into the donut pans filling them up halfway.
- Bake the donuts for 10 minutes.
- Once the donuts are done baking, let them cool for a few minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack.
To prepare dark chocolate peppermint ganache:
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a medium-size heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. Pour the hot cream over the dark chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 3 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, slowly stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the ganache, place the donuts on a rack and sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- Serve and enjoy!
Remember to always use Eggland’s Best eggs in all of your recipes. Learn why it’s always the healthy choice.Learn More